Thursday, May 24, 2012
Kids say the Darndest Things!
Here are some of the more stellar words:
1. Yesternightago - Sometime in the past couple of days. Manudo coined this when she was about 2 years old. She would use it to recall some event that had occurred somewhere between 2 - 3 days in the past. "I took a bath yesternightago, so I must still be clean!"
2. Mahtato - Some genetic cross between a potato and a tomato. Princepessa does not like tomatoes, she loves potatoes, but mahtatoes are just okay. WTF?
3. Jenky - Something that has a flaw or defect. "Mom I booted up the computer, but the screen looks jenky." At this point it was giving us the famed "blue screen of death."
4. Ogrit - Yogurt in a tube, preferably with Shrek on the packaging...lmao.
5. Aberolli - Like ravioli, but with pesto sauce instead of red sauce.
6. Bombfire - A really BIG bonfire. Bubbie is always asking us to make a Bombfire in the back yard.
Of course there are the words that they just plain said wrong growing up too.
1. Bubbie called a Truck a Fu*k for about 2 years.
2. All my kids called spaghetti Pahsghetti.
4. Bubbie was actually coined by Manudo who instead of calling him her little brother called him her little bubbie and it just stuck!
5. You don't take a vacation, you go on becation.
6. Princepessa once told a waitress at a restaurant we stopped at while driving to my parent's house for becation that we were going to see Grammy's Vagina. We were travelling to Virginia!
What are some of the funny words your kids have made up or mispronounced? I'd love to see your comments!